In 10 Man Modified, there are several nuances in the rules with respect to the feet. They are as follows (in priority order):
- Both feet must stay in contact with the rubber until the forward arm swing.
- The toe of the landing foot must be facing home plate when it lands.
- The Landing foot cannot cross over an imaginary line created by the front of the pivot foot to home plate.
- You cannot step back off the rubber with the non pivot foot.
- You cannot raise your pivot foot off the rubber and replant it.
- You cannot push off with the pivot foot from any place other than the rubber.
Yes, these are the rules and should be followed. However, do not forget to focus on the ball outside the wrist and height of backswing.